Patrick ~ Alexis ~ Clayton ~ Maecie ~ Lucie



Thursday, November 25, 2010

30 Day Thank You .... Days 23, 24, and 25

So I'm a little behind ... oh well! Here's to catching up...

Day 23 - I am thankful for Grandparents. My grandparents are wonderful, caring people who have always shown me great love and a great example. And now that I have children, I'm glad that their grandparents are just as awesome! I love that Clayton knows his grandparents, asks about them often, and when he sees them, runs to them, calling their name and gives them a 'slam hug'! (a slam hug is one where you are running as fast as you can, with arms outstretched, and don't stop until you slam into the one you want to hug.) It warms my heart that my children love their grandparents as much as I do!
Grandparents want to hold children, feed them, take them on play dates, and give me a much needed break! How awesome!! (did I say that already?)

Day 24 - I'm thankful for the gym. I headed to the gym today (the 24th) in hopes to work off my pre-Thanksgiving calories. We'll see how well that one works! However, the gym I attend offers childcare and I LOVE it! The workers in the childcare know my children by name. They smile when the kids come in. And my kids smile when they see the workers too! Maecie kicks her legs when they pick her up....Clayton talks Ms. Mindi's ear off about all the things he has done in the morning. I can work out without worrying about my children because I know they are in capable hands. So thank you gym and thank you to those helping me get to the gym (you know who you are!)

Day 25 - It's Thanksgiving Day! Meaning there are only a few days left in the month! And today, we are going to Florence and eating with extended family. This is probably the first holiday in many years that we have spent with extended family. Growing up, we had many holidays with aunts, uncles, cousins, and family friends. And as we got older, these family gatherings were few and far between. Now, they rarely exist. My siblings and I have spouses and children of our own, making it hard enough just to get the immediate family together.
So today, I am thankful for my extended family, our 'family gatherings' (that my parents used to make me go to and as a teenager i dreaded), and the fact that we can get together and continue to share stories, "memories", and eat wonderful food! Love my family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment