Patrick ~ Alexis ~ Clayton ~ Maecie ~ Lucie



Thursday, November 11, 2010

30 Day Thank You ... Day 11

With today being Veteran's Day, I am thankful for all of the men and women who have served our country! I am also very proud of my Grandfather, Ed Watkins, aunt, Libby Rhodes, Uncle, Tim Harvey, and the MANY other family members who have served in the Armed Forces. I personally know that they and their families made sacrifices to make sure our freedoms are secure.

Because I live in America, I can worship how, when, where, and who I would like. I can wear the clothes I would like. I can buy the things I want. I can have my children and teach them in the way I would like for them to grow up. And every person who has fought to allow these freedoms, I am thankful for!


Even as I write this, tears come to my eyes. Because I can only hope and pray that we are able to continue to fight and live the way we are accustomed to. I am not sure if my children will experience the same freedoms as they become adults. However, I know that if we continue to pull together and fight for our country, we will always be the America we have grown to love.


No comments:

Post a Comment