Patrick ~ Alexis ~ Clayton ~ Maecie ~ Lucie



Tuesday, November 30, 2010

30 Day Thank You ... Day 30!

I am thankful for crockpots and yummy recipes! On this rainy, cool, fall day, I am so excited to have stuffed meatballs going in the crockpot. Mouth watering?? Here is the yummy recipe (via Paula Deen):

1 lbs ground beef
1 lbs ground pork (i think your favorite ground meat will do)
4 T grated parmesan cheese
1 to 1 1/2 cups italian bread crumbs
3 large eggs
1 t salt
1/2 t black pepper
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1 T fresh basil, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 t dried oregano
4 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into 12 pieces
2 jars spaghetti sauce
2 pounds spaghetti noodles, cooked al dente

Combine meat, parmesan cheese, eggs, salt, pepper, garlic, basil, parsley, and oregano. Add bread crumbs to mixture 1/2 cup at a time until mixture is not too wet and can be molded into a ball. Make 12 meatballs. Make a hole in each meatball and place a piece of the fresh mozzarella inside, then mold over again.

Heat up a drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet. Place meatballs in skillet just until browned. Add meatballs to crockpot and pour spaghetti sauce on top. Cook on low for about 5 hours. Serve over spaghetti noodles.

I thoroughly enjoy cooking and when I can find an easy recipe that I can assemble, let cook, and still play with the kids.


As a reflection, I have enjoyed my 30-Day Thank You (thanks for the idea, Jessica!). Looking back, I have so much to be thankful for! And even though there were days that I really had to think and get creative with my thank yous, there is always something. So grateful for all of my blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment