Patrick ~ Alexis ~ Clayton ~ Maecie ~ Lucie



Monday, November 29, 2010

30 Day Thank You ... Day 28

Today was a much needed day! Patrick had to speak in church and spent the majority of the morning preparing his talk. So it was me and the kids eating breakfast, playing, getting dressed, etc. And they were so well-behaved!

Then, off to church we went, running a little behind schedule. Patrick's parents were there to hear him speak, so I had extra help to watch the kids. However, Maecie slept the whole time and Clayton was extremely well-behaved! He sat by my side, played with his etch-a-sketch, and didn't cause a disturbance.

Patrick wasn't the only one to speak, there were two other women who also gave talks. Being that we have 2 children, I don't normally get to hear the speakers. We spend a lot of time in the lobby or making trips to the bathroom. But with Maecie sleeping and Clayton quietly occupied, I was able to hear all 3 speakers. It was as if the meeting was made just for me!

The first speaker spoke about time...having time for your family, church, and loved ones. And not always worrying about having everything perfect. I am constantly worrying about keeping the house clean, dinner made and happy children. But I need to slow down and make sure I am making time for my family, prayer time, and the most important thing in my life.

The second speaker spoke on having an attitude of gratitude. When the house is a mess, or the dinner burns (or never gets cooked), or money is a little tight, it is better to be thankful for the things you do have. Strong, healthy children and a roof over our heads or "that crayons and play dough are non-toxic"! These two ladies helped me to realize that I am in a stage of my life, where my kids are my top priority, my house is lived in, and I need to be paying attention to the things that matter most - quality time!

Then Patrick spoke on the Holy Ghost and how it can be a comfort and a messenger. We need to be listening to the Spirit so we know what it is that we are to be doing.

So today, I am thankful that I was able to hear the speakers, know what my Heavenly Father has in store for me, and to remember that I'm not the only one! I am not the only one who struggles with the kids, the house, and balancing my life. But if I continue to listen to what Heavenly Father has for me, I will be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment