Patrick ~ Alexis ~ Clayton ~ Maecie ~ Lucie



Thursday, November 18, 2010

30 Day Thank You .... Day 18

Today I'm thankful for music. I know that is kind of a general thing, but knowing me and my background, music is a pretty BIG thing in my life. I have been a part of choir in school and church since I can remember. And what better way to express your feelings that through song?

For example, words can be moving and inspirational. But when put to music, it can warm your heart and move you to tears. This can happen to me at church at any given moment. The words, the instruments, the voices, all coming together at just the right moment and I can just feel the goosebumps starting.

Consider Christmas music. No, Thanksgiving has not yet occurred, and yes, you can already find Christmas music in stores and on the radio. HOWEVER, there is no Thanksgiving music. I'm pretty sure that if there were, that is all you would hear. Instead, we begin listening to all of the great music out there to get us in the spirit of family, togetherness, and service. I'm one of those, that on a rotten day in July, I might be inclined to put in a Christmas cd and forget all of my worries. Christmas music makes you happy! Listen to it and get happy!

If none of those things express how important music is/can be, then consider a bad day. You are driving home from work/school/or an uncomfortable situation, and feeling sad or mad. Then your favorite song comes on the radio. Turn it up and see how quickly your mood shifts.

Music is so comforting that those who claim they don't listen to music are really missing out! Pretty sure that if some of our politician and school representatives would take the time to turn on the radio, visit the Opera/Broadway/Symphony, things could function just a little better.

So thankful for music in my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment