Patrick ~ Alexis ~ Clayton ~ Maecie ~ Lucie



Tuesday, November 2, 2010

30 Day Thank You ... Day 3


Okay, so maybe I'm cheating somewhat, but today, I'm thankful for my little girl, Maecie. Not only did she allow me to be a mommy to another adorable, sweet, and healthy baby, but she evened out the odds. Now, with two boys and two girls, I can go shopping with my cute baby girl and Clayton and Daddy can go work on something that boys like to work on.




Maecie's name is one of the most important things about this little girl. She shares some important heritage, with the "mae" portion coming from her great-great-grandmother and her middle name, "Jane" coming from my best friend/cousin, Sarah Jane.



Maecie has not disappointed in her brief 7 months. After only about 8 weeks, she was sleeping through the night. At 5 months, she began taking 3-hour long afternoon naps, allowing me to clean, take a shower, and give Clayton some individual time. And at 6 and 1/2 months, she began crawling.


My baby girl is always grinning, just ask anyone. People are constantly asking me if she ever gets fussy. The answer is yes, but it's so few and far between, that it doesn't really bother me. If I could be promised that every baby hereafter would be just as sweet and mild-mannered, I would have a dozen more!

No comments:

Post a Comment