Patrick ~ Alexis ~ Clayton ~ Maecie ~ Lucie



Sunday, November 7, 2010

30 Day Thank You ... Day 7

I am thankful for Sunday's for so many reasons. One is the fact that we attend "late" church. It doesn't start until 1pm, which is not always conducive to children and naptime. However, it does allow us to relax in the mornings and pretty much hang out in our pajamas all morning.

Another reason I am thankful for Sunday's is because I am usually guaranteed a complete family day. No work, no errands to run, no major activities to complete other than just spending time together. For example, this morning, Patrick and Clayton played "hide and pounce" this morning. One would hide under a mound of pillows while the other would pretend not to notice and pounce on top of the pillows. Maecie and I just watched and laughed. Then this evening, we hosted some friends for dinner, ate brownies and chatted by the fire. Ahhh....sweet relaxation!


One of the last, and greatest reason that I love Sunday, is for my opportunity to go and exercise my faith. I am proud to live in America, to be able to worship how and where I would like. My faith is the center of my family, my life, and my happiness. I am grateful for the sacrifice that the Savior made for me. And for the chance I have to renew my faith each week.

Since my children are small, and I teach Nursery during Sunday School, I don't always feel like I get the renewal I need. However, I am able to serve others, spend time with the greatest little munchkins out there, and teach them about our Heavenly Father and His love for us.


Yes, Sunday's don't get much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment