Patrick ~ Alexis ~ Clayton ~ Maecie ~ Lucie



Sunday, March 27, 2011

Old Fashioned or Still Hip?

Being an almost-28-year-old with 2 kids, I try to stay fairly "hip". (I don't want to be an uncool mom.) I know most of the teenage lingo due to being a teacher and around kids. I like dancing and singing to the radio, but sometimes have to change the station so my kids don't memorize the risque lyrics. I like fun clothes that look cute and comfortable, but don't want all of my blessings being spilled out for the world to see.






That being said, I am curious to know if I am old fashioned, or still with it, in regards to one thing......the curling iron! It seems like whenever I go to the salon, my stylist is talking about being able to flip my hair out, making it straight, or curling it under. She constantly asks or refers to a flat iron. However, I have never purchased one. I have a curling iron and it does everything I need it to.






When the flat iron became popular, my friend asked if I had ever tried one out. My response was, and still is, why should someone with stick straight hair need a flat iron? If I do not use volumizing shampoo, mousse, a hair dryer with round brush, and a curling iron, I cannot accomplish having hair that is presentable. My hair will stick to my head and will look like it is dirty, needing a wash. So I follow the steps that have worked for me for many years.






This lack of change and being willing to adapt and purchase a flat iron ... does this make me old fashioned? Does this make me "unhip" to the times? Is my curling iron my 90's crutch??




Is there anything you worry about being your "old fashioned crutch"?

2 comments:

  1. Lol! I don't think a curling iron is "old fashion" but you really should try a flat iron! They do soooo much more than just straighten your hair. But to get a good one its gonna cost you 40 dollars or more so if you are happy with what you have....y change?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious! Don't switch! Flat irons are addictive and unnecessary, although I use mine to curl my hair on occasion.

    ReplyDelete