Patrick ~ Alexis ~ Clayton ~ Maecie ~ Lucie



Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Favorite Things (Right Now)

Because my friend posted this on her blog, I am sharing my favorite things of "right now".

1. My sewing machine - I received a sewing machine for Christmas because I wanted to learn to sew. I completed my first project of sewing cute ribbon on to burp cloths for a baby shower. They turned out well and I plan to make some more in the coming weeks. Can't wait to try out the rag doll pattern I bought as well!

Don't look too closely or else you will see my crooked lines and overlapping ribbon. This was one I didn't include in the shower gift. Meant to take a pic of those, but ran out of time!

2. Hobby Lobby - Just recently visited for the first time in a long time! Got some great items to decorate my room and living room. These rooms were recently renovated/built and the walls were bare. With the help of Hobby Lobby and a great friend, my house is a home!

The middle sign, "Family", came from Hobby Lobby. Everything else was already framed and it just took someone with a more creative bone than I to piece it together. This hangs over my couch in the living room and I LOVE looking at it!

3. My new shoes - I haven't bought shoes in almost a year! Since being at home, I am generally not in a store that allows me shop time. However, I saw these and had to have them! And since they came from Payless, I could afford them! WOOHOO for Cute Shoes!!




Paired with a really cute skirt or capris, these shoes are sure to be the highlight of my summer footwear collection! (not that I have said collection, but I do have a shoe fetish!)

4. Baking - Baking helps me work with my hands and create something comforting, yummy, and usually healthy for my family. Today was a little on the chilly side, so I made some homemade bread. Clayton was able to bake along side of me, helping me add the flour and knead the dough. It was a great addition to my Creamy Wild Rice Soup for dinner.

I use a great recipe that you can find here. I use half bread flour and half whole wheat flour. Top with honey, especially when straight out of the oven ... YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Your burp cloth is adorable! That's what I started out on too.

    I'm so impressed with the bread baking. My hubby asked me last night how I feel about baking bread...totally intimidated.

    ReplyDelete