Patrick ~ Alexis ~ Clayton ~ Maecie ~ Lucie



Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Latest and Greatest

The latest breaking news in our house is ..... (drumroll) ...... Clayton is 5 years old!!!

Now for some, that might not mean much. But to Clayton, his whole life has changed. Did you know that 5 year olds can run super fast? He has been showing me almost daily!

Did you know that 5 year olds can eat more, faster? Tonight, he ate his french fries two at a time!

Did you know that 5 year olds can stay home by themselves? I don't think so either. But he sure does have a fun time trying to convince me that he can!


This is Clayton posing as a 5-year-old!


We scaled things back a bit since Clayton's last birthday. I think that 60 people for a waterslide birthday party for a 4 year old was a little much. So we said that he could have just a few friends over and we had a pirate party. And my sweet friend took pictures for me during the party so I could be a good host mom. However, my phone (the best camera I have ever had!!) decided to break the next day and I've lost my pics. Luckily, I posted one to my instagram (LOVE that thing!) and was able to email it to myself so I at least have one picture of that day!
There were foam swords, eye patches, pirate talk, cupcakes, a treasure hunt, and more food!!
I think they all had fun!

As a 5 year old, Clayton:

*Likes to ride his bicycle (still on training wheels, but man, can that bike go!)

*Like to annoy play with his sisters.

*Enjoys doing super cool tricks (like jumping from the couch to the cuddle bag. One day it's going to be disastrous, but he doesn't believe me!)

*LOVES to "artist" ... make crafty projects like webs and basically gluing and taping and coloring whatever he can. (his dad even bought him 3 different kinds of tape for his birthday!)

*Like to watch movies/cartoons - his faves are "Mike the Knight", "Incredibles", "Doc McStuffins", and "Phineus and Ferb"

*Always wants to work with his dad

*Still likes to cook/bake with mom

*Has a very creative imagination ... one day told me about going to the bank and getting invisible money so he could go to the store to buy and invisible phone. So now he is able to call his friends to come play whenever he wants to.

*Is extremely verbal ... his vocabulary trips me out sometimes! 

*is VERY excited to start kindergarten, but knows that "they don't want me until August"! (me trying to explain to him that school doesn't start until August, even though he went for an orientation)

*Can make us all laugh

Love that boy and can't imagine my life without him! Happy Birthday, Bubba!!

No comments:

Post a Comment