Patrick ~ Alexis ~ Clayton ~ Maecie ~ Lucie



Monday, February 14, 2011

Ode to Amelie's


So, I have lived in Charlotte for approximately 6 or 7 years. (It's hard to say because of going to school in Rock Hill and then having an apartment in Charlotte, but not really staying in Charlotte until I got married....blah, blah, blah) And it's so amazing how much this city has! Of course, it is a fairly large city, but I continue to be intrigued at what great places you can find. Thankfully I have friends to show me around!


Perhaps I need to venture out more and stop going to all of the normal, hum-drum places. Forget Panera Bread or McAllister's and even every other food chain! Charlotte has Amelie's! This swanky, posh, and yet, still comfortable venue is the most wonderful French Bakery you can imagine. They offer sandwiches, soups, tartines (whatever that is, and even though I haven't tried it yet, I will be!) as well as breads, breakfast items, fruit tarts, eclairs and much much much more!


This incredible, edible space is fully decorated with amazing trinkets, paintings, photos and chandeliers that you can PURCHASE! You love it? You can buy it! Their decor is changed regularly because of this awesome aspect. Want a cute place to cuddle up and read your little one a story? Head to Amelie's and curl up on the couch with a salted caramel brownie.


And you haven't heard the best part yet ... they are open 24/7! No, really! 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and they don't even close for holidays. You can go to Amelie's at 3am and eat a bowl of spinach, asparagus, and leek soup (that they actually have everyday and I tasted it and it was YUMMY!) or opt for a cupcake. There is nothing about this place that I hate ... it's impossible to!


I am so loving this wonderful "Paris shabby-chic" atmosphere and feel as if numerous visits will be made often!

No comments:

Post a Comment