Patrick ~ Alexis ~ Clayton ~ Maecie ~ Lucie



Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Clayton-isms Part 1

This is labeled Part 1 because I know there will be more in the future!
Sometimes I think my kid is too smart! He never forgets anything you tell him and understands soooo much! Here are some examples:
During some morning time rough-housing play, Daddy pinned Clayton and the conversation went like this:
Dad: "you can't go nowhere!" .... (i, of course, corrected his poor grammar!)
Clayton: "yes i can!"
Dad: "where?"
Clayton: "to work with you!"


There are many examples of Clayton singing songs that I could share, but here are just some:

Patrick is bad about singing portions of songs that are stuck in his head and not thinking about it. One such instance is a song that included the line, "Call me Mr. Flintstone, I can make your bedrock!" After hearing him sing this, Clayton turns to me and says, "Mommy, Daddy can make your bed rock!"

After we heard Clayton singing a Kesha song ("Everybody Take it Off"), we decided to change our radio stations. So I stuck with K104.7, known for it's mix of 80's, 90's, and some selected today's music. I guess we listened to it often and heard the K104.7 commercial jingle enough that one day Clayton asked if K104.7 was a fast song or a slow song.
As I've shown in previous posts, Clayton dresses himself and sometimes those clothes can be turned backwards. He has improved with the backwardsness, but now likes to pick out clothes that are not seasonal appropriate or have already been worn and are dirty. One day, he picks out a brown shirt and blue jeans that he had already worn that week. I inform him of his dirty shirt and that he needs to choose another one. To which he responds, "My shirt is not dirty, it's just brown!"


Clayton has the memory of an elephant (or so Patrick and I joke). We go visit his cousins every so often in Rock Hill. Every time we leave, we stop to get gas at the same gas station. The gas station is across the street from a Toyota Car Lot and generally have a car on a spinner to show off all sides of the car. One time the car was not spinning and Clayton asked if the car was broken. How does he always remember stuff like that?!

He also remembers certain people and events that previously occurred as well. For example, Patrick and I went on a cruise in September 2009. Clayton stayed at Grammie and Grandpa's house while we were gone. Despite the tons of fun he had, then next time we visited Grammie and Grandpa, we had not even entered their house before Clayton clung to me and said, "Don't leave me, Mommy!" It just amazes me sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment