Patrick ~ Alexis ~ Clayton ~ Maecie ~ Lucie



Saturday, January 14, 2012

Tea Time!

It was 6:00pm and the kids had finished dinner. All they wanted to do was watch TV. And I did not want them spending all evening in front of our big screen, sitting on the couch. I had at least an hour to "waste" before we start our bedtime routine. So what's a mom to do??







Duh! A Tea Party!!



I set up a small table, pulled out all of Maecie's tea set items, filled a dish with an assortment of cookies, and pulled out the dress up clothes. Maecie had a few scarves, purses, and tutus. But Clayton doesn't necessarily have dress up items. So I grabbed a dress shirt of his and a tie of Patrick's.




I then told the kids we would be having a tea party and the needed to come get dressed. It was easy to get Clayton in his dress up items. But all Maecie would agree to was a tutu. (The 'terrible two's'/Miss Independent stage is in full swing!)








Next, I opened the door to Maecie's room and had the kids take a seat. I spoke in my most proper English accent (with a bit of southern mixed in, mind you) and explained to them that we would have our treats and tea to partake of. We started out pretending and then came the real food.







That was when the kids got really excited! Who knew that water, animal crackers, Scooby Snack graham crackers, and a Hershey Kiss could be that thrilling?!



And apparently, Maecie wanted to dress up in Clayton's clothes, since this is what she




They had a ball, and so did I! It didn't take to much effort, as the end of my pregnancy is creating more exhaustion at the end of the day, and we spent some fun times together. Love my kiddos and their fun-loving attitudes!

2 comments:

  1. oh how fun! You are such a great, creative mom. I love that you do fun things with them. When are you due?? You have some cute kiddos. I am sure #3 will be just as handsome or adorable??!! We miss NC.
    Meg Cunningham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! This makes me look forward to having two kiddos so much!

    ReplyDelete