Patrick ~ Alexis ~ Clayton ~ Maecie ~ Lucie



Thursday, June 9, 2011

Growing and Growing and Growing....

Our garden is growing ... and I'm very proud. So I thought I would include some updates. We started out like this. I was very pleased with they way most of my seeds had sprouted. However, when it came time to plant them in the ground, we needed to purchase some extras to supplement. There are still a few things that came from seeds.




This picture includes lettuce, spinach, onions, oregano, cilantro, basil and flat leaf parsley. The lettuce and spinach all came from my seeds and I have been able to add much of them into my salads and smoothies!

These are my zucchini, yellow squash, cucumbers and sweet potatoes (the dark green leaves to the right). We already have about a dozen cucumber buds, many of which were my seedlings. How awesome!


These are our tomato plants. We have cherry tomatoes and roma tomatoes and beef steak tomatoes! The first cherry tomato turned orange today! So they will be coming in very soon! Only a few from seeds, but I'm okay with that.



And here, we have pepper plants, as well as okra, and just a few corn plants that were seedlings. I am excited about all of them! I can almost taste the lovely meal I am going to make this summer!!

And for the big finale ... the first Zuchini!! Isn't she a beauty?! I was so excited that I just sliced it up and ate it with some Tastefully Simple dip. But I can't wait for Zuchini Bread, Sauteed Squash and Onions, as well as Baked Italian Zuchini! I am in garden heaven!!

1 comment:

  1. Alexis: Thanks so much for sharing your parsley and oregano with me! George made spaghetti last night and we could REALLY taste the difference with the fresh herbs! I'm inspired to create a garden of my own.

    ReplyDelete