Patrick ~ Alexis ~ Clayton ~ Maecie ~ Lucie



Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cool Mom or Crazy Woman??



I belong to a group called "Married Single Mom's". This elite group is generally comprised of stay-at-home mothers who's husbands work extremely hard to pay for and provide for their families. Their hard work generally calls for them to be away from home for long periods of time, causing the mothers to care and nurture for the kids on their own.




Summer time is the most difficult time of year for me, as a MSM. My husband is a heating and air conditioning contractor, so, living in the south, he often works 16 hour days. In order for my family to achieve some sort of vacation, I generally have to take the kids alone. If my husband can join us half way through, then he will. Otherwise, it's just us.




This week is Spring Break for many of the nearby schools. It's the first time I'm not teaching and no one else is in school. So Spring Break would not seem to mean much. However, we are getting Spring Fever!! So my fellow MSM-ers and I decided to do something about it.




Just last week, we tossed around the idea of heading to the beach. We found at least 5 other moms who were interested, so we looked for a condo to share. JACKPOT! We found an 8 bedroom condo for a great deal! We would each have our own room, with a full kitchen, a game room, within walking distance from the beach, and a swimming pool.




So tomorrow, I will pack up my kids and we will be heading to the beach with 5 other moms and their kids. No husbands are going to make it. And there will be at least 2 children to every 1 adult. We plan to visit the beach and play in our swimming suits for as long as possible. We might go out to eat one night and definitely order in another night. We plan to play games, visit the outlets and have an overall ball!




My question is ... 6 adults ... 10 kids (5 of which are 4 and under) .... 1 house ... at the beach .... for 3 days and 2 nights .... COOL MOM or CRAZY WOMAN?!

1 comment: