Patrick ~ Alexis ~ Clayton ~ Maecie ~ Lucie



Saturday, June 26, 2010

Three Become Four






After Clayton's second birthday, we found out we were pregnant with baby number two. We enjoyed our little man so much that we were ready to expand the family!

We found out that we were expecting a girl at my 18 week appointment. Excitement and anxiousness were the two major emotions at this time. Excited to expand our family and add a little girl. But anxious, wondering how we would do with a girl since we were so used to our little boy.

My pregnancy was different this time. I was a little sicker and more tired. Of course, I was working full-time and chasing around a 2 year old. We were also going through the first major remodel of the house. Our "man room" became a master suite and our living room was extended. Patrick, his dad, brother, and friends worked hard to make room for our newest addition. The finished with a week or so to spare.



On April 1, 2010, at 6:30am, Maecie Jane Beare was born. She weighed 8lbs 2oz and was 20 inches long. Maecie is named after my Great-Grandmother, Mae Odom, and Jane coming from my sweet cousin, Sarah Jane....two ladies who have meant a lot to me in my life.

Maecie, weighing 8 lbs, was bigger than her older brother, but has a sweet disposition! She is such an easy-going baby, our sweet little princess. However, very adamant about trying to hold her head up and move her arms and legs as much as possible. My thought is that she is trying to keep up with her always moving older brother.


Clayton absolutely adores her and did not mind anything about her until she decided to sit in his blue bumbo chair! He loves to play with her on the floor and make her smile. Clayton has become my little helper, throwing diapers away, finding her pacifier for me, and trying to make her smile. Now only if he would use the potty!


Our family is growing and we are having a blast! Patrick and I could not ask for better children, family, and friends!

3 comments:

  1. Alexis, You have such a cute little family! I understand your fear of having a little girl! I often wonder if I would know what to do with a girl after 3 little boys! Not sure if you know or not, but I also have a blog... wightfam.blogspot.com. I will make sure I add you to my roll and so I can keep up with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I'm glad you started a blog. I have one to www.bradandemilymiller.blogspot.com. Your family is darling, and little Maecie is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I will be sure to check out your blogs! never been a blog person, but staying at home has made it easier to accomplish something!

    ReplyDelete