Patrick ~ Alexis ~ Clayton ~ Maecie ~ Lucie



Thursday, June 24, 2010

First "Date"


On July 17th of 2004, Patrick and I went on our first "date". Date is in quotations because it was not your average date. Usually, guys asks girl, girl says yes, and guy pays for date. Ours was nothing close to that!

A mutual friend, Brian, asked if my roomate and I wanted to go out with a bunch of friends from the Singles Branch (This is an LDS church where just single people, ages 18-31, attend church together. Talk about a meat market!). My roommate was unable to attend, but I could go and I was excited. I was expecting Brian to call and give me the details. However, it was this guy named Patrick that I had only met once who called. No big deal, it was a group thing and I was going to have fun!

We had planned to go to the drive-in that night. However, it was supposed to rain, so we opted for dinner and an indoor movie. All 9 of us arrived at Rafferty's for dinner. Patrick sat next to me and we got to talk a little. I'm thinking, it's nice to get to know some new people since I was new to the Singles Branch. At the end of our meal, Patrick attempts to pay for my dinner. Weird, since we are with a big group and no one else is paying for anyone. But it was just a soup and salad, so I said okay.

We all head to the movie theatre and choose to see The Notebook. Yes, there were only 2 or 3 guys and the rest were girls. Once again, Patrick wants to pay for my ticket. "Who is this guy and what is his deal?!", are the thoughts running through my mind. I refuse to let him pay, cause it's just kind of weird in front of all these people I did not know well.

Once inside the theatre, I sit down, then our friend Brian sits next to me, along with a few of the other people. Patrick proceeds to cross all of them to come and sit on the other side of me. In other circumstances, I might have had sirens and red flags going off, but I shrugged it off and watched the movie.

Half way through, Patrick and I start talking about the movie and such. And before I knew it, he placed his hand in mine and we stayed that way for the rest of the movie!

Patrick and I parted ways at the theatre, and I went home to tell my roommate of the strange happenings of the evening. But I couldn't help but smile about the whole event.

From that day on, Patrick and I spent every day possible together.

No comments:

Post a Comment