Patrick ~ Alexis ~ Clayton ~ Maecie ~ Lucie



Thursday, June 7, 2012

Memorable Mom Moments

I think there is probably a "kodak moment" or a "kids say the darndest things" moment every day in my house. With an almost 5 year old boy, a 2 year old girl, and a newborn, things are anything but dull!!

This morning, between bites of waffle, Maecie and I have the following exchange:
Maecie: Hey, Mom! Old McDonald had a farm.
Me: Oh yeah? Did he say E-I-E-I-O?
Maecie: Yeah, with a moo moo here and a moo moo there.

It was so very matter-of-fact that I felt like we totally had a conversation!

Later, while riding in the car, Clayton and I have our own chat:
Clayton: Mom, I'm afraid of the dark.
Me: Well, since it's still light out (1pm), we don't have to worry about that yet.
Clayton: But I'm scared of the light in my room too.
Me: That could be a problem if you don't like the light or the dark.
Clayton: Yeah, I need a Dream Light (as seen on TV!). Then I won't be scared.
Me: *chuckle* Oh really?!
Clayton: And some Stompeez too!

Gotta love commercials that hit their target audience! And how "grown" of him to come up with reasons as to why he needs these products. His intelligence both suprises and intimidates me...we are in for a scary teenage stage!

And of course, Lucie just wants to be held and fed and put to bed! She doesn't demand much at all right now. But I can tell we are going to have some of our own precious moments soon.

How did I get so lucky to have such great kids?!

No comments:

Post a Comment