Patrick ~ Alexis ~ Clayton ~ Maecie ~ Lucie



Sunday, October 17, 2010

Bath Time Songs


I know the day will come when my little ones will grow up and not care to hear me sing or give hugs or kiss their boo boos. But for now, I am enjoying it!


When Clayton was a baby, I wanted to make sure the day to day things we did were fun for him. And he seemed to respond well to music. So I made up a special song for bathtime. I would sing his song each time we were preparing to give him a bath. Three years later, I still sing it. He even joins in and sings with me. He does pretty well in matching pitch and enjoys music. Sometimes we sing in different genres -- opera, country, hip hop, etc.


So when Maecie was born, I thought she ought to have her own bathtime song, separate from Clayton. This would make her feel special, make Clayton feel like the new baby wasn't such a threat, and also to make bathtime fun. She grins every time I begin singing and kicks her feet too. She enjoys bath time, enjoys singing time, and even enjoys it when her big brother sings to her.


Yes, I know the time will come that my children won't want to hear their bathtime songs. But I love singing them daily, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment