Patrick ~ Alexis ~ Clayton ~ Maecie ~ Lucie



Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Making Room for Baby #3!

Having a baby, for us, means going through some type of construction. When I was pregnant with Clayton, Patrick switched our oil heat to a gas/heat pump combination. He also took out a huge closet in the main bathroom to install a laundry closet. This way I didn't have to go out to our breezeway to do laundry.



When I was pregnant with Maecie, we enclosed the breezeway and what we called the "man room" off to the side of it, to extend our living room and create a new master bedroom suite. This was a large project, but has been one of my favorite renovations.



This time, we played closet switcheroo. Clayton and Maecie would be switching rooms so the girls could share the larger room. The closet in the small room is going to be used in our kitchen renovation (which we hope to complete by the end of the year),so we needed to close it off. The closet from the larger room backed up to the small room and was walled off and moved to the smaller room. And the shower/bathroom in the large room needed to change to a half bath/closet. It's all complicated to explain, but was a necessity. It also gave us a chance to update that end of the house. I have to say that I am extremely pleased with the results.


Here are pictures of their rooms:


Clayton's Room, complete with loft bed and sports theme.








The Girl's Room, complete with play kitchen, and dress up areas!




I really love the way they have turned out. Just love that my husband is hand enough to make all of this work for such a limited budget! I'm blessed to have such a great family!

5 comments:

  1. fabulous! LOVE the loft bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super jealous of that loft bed and of the fact that you have completed bedrooms! C and C's room is still a huge work in progress. You should do a tour of your house on your blog! I would love to see the befores and afters of your renovations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see the bathroom pictures too. Or better yet, I should just see it in person. Gotta love handy and willing hubbies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to do that, Jessica! The hard part is that there are always some little odds and ends that still have to be done. Like in the kid's rooms, they need new doors. We just haven't done that yet. All in good time!
    Scarlett-come on over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I can't wait to see it in person! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete