Patrick ~ Alexis ~ Clayton ~ Maecie ~ Lucie



Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Charleston!!!

So when the hubby asked what I would like for Christmas, I actually took some time and made a careful decision. My answer? A vacation! And not just any vacation. I wanted him to plan it, him to decide what to do the with kids (cause they weren't going!), and him to plan what we did while on vacation! My result? A fabulous trip to Charleston!

We stayed for three days and two nights in downtown Charleston, SC. We stayed at the Charleston Place Hotel, a much more posh hotel than either of us had ever stayed before. We ate great food, toured only an inch of it's most beautiful and historic sites, and even had massages! See what happens when the spouse plans?!

Even though I grew up only a couple hours from there, I had not toured our experienced much of it's amazing beauty and history! I didn't get a chance to take as many pictures as I would have liked, but I don't think this will be our last trip!

Me in front of our hotel ... see the large horse statues and fountain??

Fort Sumter from the harbor....

Fancy Dinner Night ... all dressed up and went to the Charleston Grill!
A close-up of St. John's Cathedral. I loved the intricate brick design!








1 comment:

  1. Impressive planning by Patrick!!! I love Charleston & can never get enough of the place! I'm glad y'all had fun!

    ReplyDelete